bollywood news

A1

I am my own boss: Bipasha

Bipasha Basu talks about Emraan Hashmi, Kareena Kapoor, being duped and more
None of your films in the recent past have really done well? What went wrong?

chose the wrong makers. Earlier, I used to think acting is all about being creative. But I have realised it isn’t just about being creative but one also needs to be intelligent in today’s times. Everything is a commodity today—whoever markets their product better fares better.
One feels that your glamorous image is going against you…What is glamorous? Indian clothes can be glamorous. It’s a very confused term. You are talking about me being sensuous because I wear a shirt and a skirt as opposed to a girl who wears a saree. But I would say it’s a difference of opinion. I think a wet saree is much more sensuous.
Every top actress today is part of a camp. Don’t you feel that you should also get into one to get to the top?I want to be in the Yash Chopra camp, Ramgopal Varma camp, Dharma productions camp. I want to be a part of the ‘Khan’daan too. If there was any way to enroll, I would have done that. I am not in any camp but yet I am working with Yashraj in Dhoom 2.

You refused Jiya with the Bhatts. Why?I didn’t find the casting right. Emraan and me would just not look like lovers. I feel I am way too tall and big built for Emraan. They were open to getting other heroes but then no other hero would agree to do a woman-centric film.
You also turned down Mumbai Express because you didn’t want to play mother to a 10 year old…Yes, I felt I would not look convincing as a mother. Also money was an issue. You can’t do charity all your life.

You seem to have hardened after a bitter experience….Yes, when I was a model, I was duped. I was running from court to court because of this model co-coordinator and his contract. Now I am my own boss.
Heard you have patched up with Kareena Kapoor. Just because two people don’t talk to each other doesn’t mean that they fought. After Ajnabee, we never spoke. If somebody doesn’t like me and she shows her dislike, then I am fine with it. I prefer them to hypocrites. I respect Kareena. Today she says hello and I say hello to her. There’s been no patch up or fight.

 

blogger templates |