bollywood news

A1

Sushma's heartbroken

Sushma Reddy has broken up with her boyfriend of a few weeks. But what is keeping her spirits up in this tearful time is her film Chup Chupke, (also starring Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor), which is releasing next week.We quizzed Sushma about her recent split and she was hesitant to talk about it, “I am very private about my personal life.” After some prodding, she opens up. Sushma begins with, “I am not even sure how much in love I was. I can’t reveal his name. It would be unfair to drag him into all this. All I will say is that I was dating this expatriate Indian businessman for a few weeks. He’s based in the USA. I had met him through some mutual friends at a party, and got to know him better.”
Long-distance woes
Then what happened? “It was a brief affair and work pressures split us up. We broke up over a month ago. I have realised that being an actress, I should date somebody from the film industry as people of the same profession understand each other better. I have my film commitments, he had his business ones and ultimately, you can’t have a long-distance relationship over the phone even if you talk to each other every day.”The actress says she really misses him, but there was no other way out. “It was very tough breaking up but then it was a mutual decision. Right now, I am totally focussing on my career.”Briefly through her depression, a spark of humour glints through. “I am very single and ready to mingle. There was too much distance in the relationship. How much can you talk on the phone? I ran up some great telephone bills,” she smiles.
Gaon ki gori
Coming to her upcoming film, where she is paired with Shahid, she says, “I play his fiancĂ©e, Pooja. The biggest challenge was playing a village girl, as I am known to have a glamour image.” Besides Chup Chupke Sushama is also doing Mahesh Manjrekar’s Big Bazaar, based on the lives of the Mumbai mill-workers, Puneet Issar’s next and a couple of films more for which she is yet to sign on the dotted line.

 

blogger templates |