bollywood news

A1

Rituparno Ghosh's 'Rahgeer' is 'certainly on'

Producer Pritish Nandy says 'Rahgeer', to be directed by Rituparno Ghosh, will go on the floors soon, putting to rest recent rumours that the film has been shelved,.
''Rahgeer' is very much on. We have Akshay Kumar's dates, and we'll certainly not let them go to waste,' Nandy told IANS.
'Yes, there's a bit of delay as my director Rituparno Ghosh's mother fell ill. Also, Vidya Balan needs to get acquainted with her role. But 'Rahgeer' is certainly on.'
The film, which is reportedly based on the Dev Anand starrer 'Guide', has Vidya enacting the multi-layered character played by Waheeda Rehman in the original.
'My leading lady Vidya is not very sure about her complex character. It's a role of a woman who goes through many shades and changes. It's a character that's neither black nor white. Vidya had a problem connecting with the character,' said Ghosh.
'We have decided to hold an acting workshop for her so she can get familiar with the layers and nuances of her character. Once that's on we're on,' he added.
The delay notwithstanding, both the producer and the director are charged about the project. 'But it's just one of the many projects at PNC (Pritish Nandy Corporation),' explained Nandy.
Throwing light on her role, Vidya said: 'I am a big fan of Ritu-da, and when he offered me a role I fell off my chair. When I met him we hit it off instantly. There is something extremely sensitive and warm about him. I am dying to start working with him.
'The role he offered me is so layered that I am scared of approaching it. I am so happy and flattered that directors come to me with such complex characters. I hope I live up to Ritu-da's expectations. I do need to prepare for the role. A workshop seems ideal.'
Incidentally, several recent films have put their actors through workshops -- prime examples being Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Maqbool' and 'Omkara' and Homi Adajania's directorial debut 'Being Cyrus'.

 

blogger templates |