bollywood news

A1

Anupam Kher pays a tribute to an Idol

Not too many people know this but when Anupam Kher came to Mumbai from Simla, there was one journalist whom he idolized. "And that was Behram Contractor, better know as Busybee. I'd read his columns in Simla and marvel at the way he'd describe the minutest topographical details. In his interviews, the environment truly defined the personalities. Such journalism is, I'm afraid, becoming obsolete. Like other forms of entertainment interviews and columns are all about instant gratification."

On Wednesday evening, Anupam got a chance to pay a tribute to Busybee. "I've been asked by his wife Farzana to read excerpts from a new anthology of his articles Best Of Busybee. All I can say is that it's an honour. She was aware of my admiration for her husband and asked me to read out his prose," says Anupam who would've been a journalist if he wasn't an actor. "The closest I come to writing is through the syndicated news service Bollywood News Service which I started last year. I also plan to write my memoirs shortly."


Courtesy:indiafm

 

blogger templates |